**Planned industrial action by drivers on the Circle, Hammersmith & City and Piccadilly lines this week has now been suspended**
Some drivers on the Circle, Hammersmith & City and Piccadilly lines who are RMT union members are planning to strike from the evening of Tuesday 6 December. We will run as many services as possible depending on how many employees are available. However, we advise customers to plan for no Piccadilly line service and a significantly reduced service on the Circle and Hammersmith & City lines until the end of the day on Wednesday 7 December. Customers are advised to complete their journeys on these lines by 19:00 on Tuesday 6 December.
Interchange stations and lines will be much busier than usual. Services on other Tube and rail lines, the bus network and river will run as normal but are expected to be busy as passengers seek alternative routes. Roads in west, central and east London will also be busier than usual.
We have a variety of digital tools available to help you get around during the disruption.
On our website, you can find travel advice for customers including detailed information for all modes of transport. The Tube Strike web page will be regularly updated with the latest travel information.
We also have a range of other tools on our website and social media channels that you can use to help you get around London during the strike.
Social media updates during the strike
Earlier this year, in partnership with Twitter, we introduced the ability to subscribe to instant alerts through Twitter direct messages, and have more recently added a new status checker tool, allowing you to instantly check the status of a line. Read more about these services, and how to access them.
As well as these services, you’ll also be able to get real-time information by following these accounts:
- Follow @TfLTravelAlerts on Twitter for real-time updates on which services are running, and any disruptions being experienced across the network. This feed includes real-time info for DLR, Overground, trams and Emirates Air Line.
- Follow @TfLBusAlerts for all the latest updates on any disruptions to the bus network with the expected increase in passengers using bus services during the strike.
- Follow @TfLTrafficNews for real-time updates on London’s roads, which again, will be busier during the Tube strike.
- Follow @LDNOverground for real-time updates on Overground services.
- Follow @TfLRail for real-time updates on all TfL Rail services.
- Follow @LondonDLR for real-time updates on DLR services.
- Follow @TfLRiver for news and real-time updates on river services.
Tools on our website to help you plan your journey
- Our Journey Planner can help you plan alternative routes by public transport, driving, cycling or walking if you are unable to travel via your preferred route.
- Status Updates is updated in real-time and will show how all Overground, TfL Rail and DLR services are running. Here you’ll also find updates on buses, road traffic, trams, river buses, Emirates Airline and National Rail using the drop-down menu.
- The Nearby tool uses your current location or a postcode / address of your choice and places you on a map, showing you bus, river, Overground, DLR, National Rail and Cycle Hire locations around you.
- View Live Arrivals for stations, stops and piers for bus, Overground, TfL Rail, DLR, river, tram and Emirates Airline services. Select the mode and route you require, and you’ll then be able to view live arrival times at a station, stop or pier of your choice.