Join us for the launch of the London Data City | Data Nation transport and mobility challenge on Tuesday 12 April. Hosted by Digital Catapult, this event will set the scene for the challenge with industry stakeholders and keynote speakers alongside leading transport organisations.
TfL have agreed the challenges with Ford, the other partner for this event, and we’ll also be providing expert speakers and judges and offering technical support to the participants. We’ll be providing open data from our Unified API as well as the historic Traffic Data Enquiry System (TDES) data generated by SCOOT traffic sensors across London (which detect traffic flows at junctions and then optimise traffic signals every second to help keep vehicles moving).
Our TDES data hasn’t been made publicly available yet, so we’re hoping to see some great innovative solutions to some of the key transport and mobility challenges, from participants both in London and Singapore.
This event is another example of our continuing commitment to open data with over 8,000 registered users, as well as our determination to open up our data and support the developer community as much as possible to help create great products and solutions that help London keep working and growing, and make life in the city better.
Where and when
Venue: Digital Catapult Centre
101 Euston Road, London, NW1 2RA
View on Google Maps
12 April 2016 09:00 – 12:00
You can register for the event here
Plan for the event
- Our transport and mobility theme challenge statements will be launched at a morning event on 12 April 2016 at the Digital Catapult Centre
- We’ll kick start the challenge, set the theme and get your thoughts going
- You’ll be able to find out about Data City | Data Nation – what it is all about and how you can take part
- Meet industry stakeholders and thought leaders from across the transport and mobility sector
- Give you access to the data required for this data challenge.
What we’re asking for
- After the event you’ll have two weeks to create solutions aligned to our theme and challenges
- Innovators will be invited to pitch these solutions to stakeholders and potential investors during a subsequent event at the Digital Catapult Centre on 16 May 2016.
The winning solutions will be selected and announced at a pitch evening on 16 May 2016. Winning innovations will receive:
- A prize for the most innovative solutions to each challenge statement
- Access to the Digital Catapult Centre London for hot desks and meeting space
- The opportunity to present your innovative solution to a business-critical challenge to an audience of industry experts and stakeholders
- Mentoring to progress relationships and ideation support after each challenge ends