London Underground trade unions are planning a 24-hour strike on the Tube from 18:30 on Wednesday 5 August. If the strike goes ahead, there will be no Tube service from 18:30 on Wednesday 5 August until Friday 7 August. There will be no Tubes on Thursday 6 August. We are expecting a normal service to run on Friday.
DLR, London Overground, tram and TfL Rail services will be running as normal, though all of these services are expected to be much busier than usual and we have some tools available to help you get around during the disruption.
On our website, you can find travel advice for customers including a map for key bus routes in central London, a walking map, details for travelling to airports, as well as specific advice for those travelling to and from the Chelsea v Fiorentina football match on Wednesday evening. The Tube strike web page will be updated with the latest information.
We have a range of other tools on our website and social media channels that you can use to help you get around London during the strike.
Social media updates during the strike
- Follow @TfLTravelAlerts on Twitter for real-time updates on which services are running, and any disruptions being experienced across the network. This feed includes real-time info for DLR, Overground, trams and Emirates Air Line.
- Follow @TfLBusAlerts for all the latest updates on any disruptions to the bus network with the expected increase in passengers using bus services during the strike.
- Follow @TfLTrafficNews for real-time updates on London’s roads, which again, will be busier during the Tube strike.
- Follow @LDNOverground for real-time updates on Overground services.
- Follow @TfLRail for real-time updates on all TfL Rail services
- Follow @LondonDLR for real-time updates on DLR services.
- Follow @TfLRiver for news and real-time updates on river services – there will be extra services running on Thursday.
Tools on our site to help you plan your journey
- Our Journey Planner can help you plan alternative routes by public transport, driving, cycling or walking if you are unable to travel via your preferred route.
- Status Updates is updated in real-time and will show how all Overground, TfL Rail and DLR services are running. Here you’ll also find updates on buses, road traffic, trams, river buses, Emirates Airline and National Rail using the drop-down menu.
- The Nearby tool uses your current location or a postcode / address of your choice and places you on a map, showing you bus, river, Overground, DLR, National Rail and Cycle Hire locations around you.
- View Live Arrivals for stations, stops and piers for bus, Overground, TfL Rail, DLR, river, tram and Emirates Airline services. Select the mode and route you require, and you’ll then be able to view live arrival times at a station, stop or pier of your choice.