RMT, Unite and TSSA members are planning 24-hour strike action on the Tube from 18:30 on Wednesday 8 July, and ASLEF drivers are also planning 24-hour strike action on the Tube from 21:30 on Wednesday 8 July.
If the strike goes ahead, there will be no Tube service from late afternoon on Wednesday 8 July and no Tube service at all on Thursday 9 July. DLR, London Overground and TfL Rail staff are not on strike.
On our website, you can find travel advice for customers including a map for key bus routes in central London, a walking map and alternative bus services and walking routes for the Wimbledon Tennis Championships. The Tube strike web page will be updated with the latest information.
We have a range of other tools on our website and social media channels that you can use to help you get around London during the strike.
Social media updates during the strike
- Follow @TfLTravelAlerts on Twitter for real-time updates on which services are running, and any disruptions being experienced across the network. This feed includes real-time info for DLR, Overground, trams and Emirates Air Line.
- Follow @TfLBusAlerts for all the latest updates on any disruptions to the bus network with the expected increase in passengers using bus services during the strike.
- Follow @TfLTrafficNews for real-time updates on London’s roads, which again, will be busier during the Tube strike.
- Follow @LDNOverground for real-time updates on Overground services.
- Follow @TfLRail for real-time updates on all TfL Rail services
- Follow @LondonDLR for real-time updates on DLR services.
Tools on our site to help you plan your journey
- Our Journey Planner can help you plan alternative routes by public transport, driving, cycling or walking if you are unable to travel via your preferred route.
- Status Updates is updated in real-time and will show how all Overground, TfL Rail and DLR services are running. Here you’ll also find updates on buses, road traffic, trams, river buses, Emirates Airline and National Rail using the drop-down menu.
- The Nearby tool uses your current location or a postcode / address of your choice and places you on a map, showing you bus, river, Overground, DLR, National Rail and Cycle Hire locations around you.
- Bus countdown shows you live arrivals an any of our bus stops, so you know when the next bus is coming